To build better futures for young children by promoting and providing quality early childhood education and services for families, early childhood professionals and the community.
For every young child to succeed* and for families to be self-sufficient as a result of quality early childhood care and education.
- Children are the most important asset in our community
- Healthy growth, learning and development begin at birth
- Our services benefit all families, especially those with limited resources
- Parents need to be supported in their role as parents and as their children’s first teachers
- The most important determinant of quality early childhood education is the caregiver
- Inclusiveness and diversity are vital to the community
Our Strategic Priorities
ECA is proud of its heritage, positioned to continue in our leadership role, and excited about our future opportunities. ECA’s strategic priorities are to:
- Increase our impact throughout our region by collaboration with others and expansion of services to assist parents and child care providers in delivering quality early care and education
- Model the highest standards of quality early care and education by managing child care centers that prepare children to enter school ready to learn
- Serve as the key resource and chief advocate for the region for quality early care and education for young children
* Success means that children do not have internalized barriers causing school failure after age six.