To build better futures for young children by promoting and providing quality early childhood education and services for families, early childhood professionals and the community.
For every young child to succeed* and for families to be self-sufficient as a result of quality early childhood care and education.
- Children are the most important asset in our community
- Healthy growth, learning and development begin at birth
- Our services benefit all families, especially those with limited resources
- Parents need to be supported in their role as parents and as their children’s first teachers
- The most important determinant of quality early childhood education is the caregiver
- Inclusiveness and diversity are vital to the community
Our Strategic Priorities
- ECA will utilize its early education centers as models for advancing knowledge in the areas of instruction, curriculum, teacher training and facilities use.
- ECA will strengthen its advocacy role in the region by:
- educating consumer families
- supporting community coalitions
- informing policy makers
- engaging the private sector
- ECA will enhance its training services to include organizational capacity building and business planning.
* Success means that children do not have internalized barriers causing school failure after age six.