The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) has overall responsibility for complete range of accounting and business management functions of the agency. The CFO is expected to make substantial contributions to Early Childhood Alliance’s mission by accurately overseeing the preparation and maintenance of all financial records for the agency. The CFO performs duties according to agency financial policies and procedures, using sound accounting practices to ensure that all financial functions are completed properly.
The CFO maintains frequent contact with agency staff, board of directors, community agencies, administrators, service providers, vendors, volunteers and the public for the purpose of exchanging information related to agency finance and programs.
- Conducts analysis and supports the review and implementation of new/modified accounting and financial policies to ensure consistency and accuracy of financial information.
- Supervises the preparation of financial operating statements, budgets and reimbursement cost reports. Accumulates annual budget information, analyzes and periodically reports on variances.
- Supports the annual financial audit with information and reports audit results with detailed explanations to the finance committee and board of directors.
- Maintains complete, accurate and accessible financial records.
- Communicates organization’s financial results to external entities and to the board of directors.
- Reviews detailed financial results and ongoing accounting processes in regular finance committee meetings while supporting the Treasurer as needed.
- Provides operating and financial data to measure progress against ECA strategic priorities.
- Trains all staff and board members on organization’s financial matters.
- Provides ad hoc financial analysis/reporting for fund raising, special projects, contract negotiations, etc.
- Serves as liaison with outside oversight agencies.
- Oversees all company accounting practices including Accountant and acts as backup when necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Accounting, Finance or Business; CPA preferred.
- A minimum of ten years experience
- Excellent oral, analytical and written communication skills
- Up to date knowledge of current financial and accounting technology
Travel Requirements: No
Language Requirements: English
Location: Administrative Office, 3800 N. Anthony Blvd. Fort Wayne, IN 46805
Schedule: Hours flexible, but must be located in Fort Wayne or surrounding area (this is not a remote position)
Status: Part-Time (20 Hours)
Work Nights or Weekends: No