Early Childhood Alliance will be continuously monitoring the developments surrounding the COVID-19 outbreak. Check this page often as we’ll be updating it regularly with information and status related to Early Childhood Alliance’s response. Due to the rapid and frequently changing circumstances, it is likely that very little lead time will be given before our responses change.
Learning Center Announcement
Effective Monday, February 28, 2022, our COVID-19 Policy will be changing.
- Children are no longer required to wear masks but may do so if they (or their parents) would like to.
- Children and adults are no longer required to quarantine after exposure to someone who tested positive for COVID-19
- As a result of the quarantine requirements no longer being in place, families choosing to quarantine their child after an exposure will not receive an account credit.
- Self-pay families will need to use vacation days or pay the full weeks’ tuition.
- However, if the child tests positive, the family WILL receive an account credit during the time their child is in isolation.
- All adults (including staff, visitors, and parents) are still required to wear masks in our Learning Centers until further notice. This is to protect children who cannot receive or are not eligible for the vaccine.
- Children and staff who test positive for COVID-19 are still required to isolate. Isolation timeframes will be determined based on the individual’s age.
- Parents are still required to remain outside of the classrooms and cannot enter.
- Staff are still required to social distance. Staff will continue to follow their schedule to take breaks in close quarters with others.
- Staff will not bump children to other rooms unless directed by a manager.
- Learning Center hours will remain at 6:30 AM – 5:30 PM until further notice.
What we're doing
Based on updated guidance from FSSA/Office of Early Childhood and Out of School Learning and the CDC, ECA’s Learning Centers will be adjusting our COVID-19 Policies and Procedures. Questions are to be directed to a member of the Center Support Management Team.
- Regardless of vaccination status, all staff, visitors, and parents are required to wear masks PRIOR to entering the Lobby of the building and for the duration of their visit.
- Parents will continue to walk children back at drop off and pickups and parents will NOT enter the classrooms
- Children who are ill (based on ECA Learning Center Illness policy) will remain out until symptom free for 24 hours WITHOUT medication.
- Daily laundry for Toddlers – School Age will no longer occur. Laundry for Toddlers – School Age will occur weekly
- Daily laundry for infants will continue as it is REQUIRED by State Licensing regulations
- Daily washing/sanitizing of toys that are mouthed by children is REQUIRED by State Licensing and will continue
- Weekly washing/sanitizing of other toys is REQUIRED by State Licensing and will continue
- Social distancing in common areas is still required and Learning Center Staff will continue to NOT mingle in other rooms for contract tracing purposes