Early Childhood Alliance (ECA) is a non-profit organization with a mission to build better futures for young children by promoting and providing excellence in early childhood care and education. Children under our care range from 6 weeks to pre-school age. Employee’s work is performed in a classroom setting in the Fort Wayne location on Beacon St. ECA also has an integrated home setting in the Warsaw area.
A Support Teacher assists with the developmental care for children by assisting each child to develop a positive self-concept and reach their full potential. Support teachers assist primary teachers with daily activities and lesson plans. Support teachers will provide consistency and routine to children by supporting classrooms on primary teachers’ off days, covering breaks, and floating between classrooms. Support teachers can be part-time or full-time and may be scheduled in 4-hour or 8-hour shifts during business hours, Monday through Friday 6:30am-5:30pm.
- Provides a safe and secure environment in which children can be curious, active, and encouraged toward self-discipline, self-motivation, and self-actualization.
- Develops a warm, caring relationship with each child and parent in their group based on mutual respect and serves as a model to the child for their relationship with others.
- Guides the child’s behavior in positive ways that support total growth, development and promotes self-esteem.
- Interacts frequently with children; showing interest, respect, and is responsive and available in meeting their needs.
- Implements the lesson plans created by the Primary Teacher. Contributes to the daily operations of the classroom.
- Develops cooperative working relationships and supports other staff members in achieving center goals.
- Provides for the daily physical needs of the children and charts care as needed.
- Uses materials and equipment responsibly, and maintains a clean, safe environment.
- Follows all licensing regulations, policies, and procedures of the agency.
- 18 years of age or older and a minimum of a high school diploma or its equivalent; Ability to lift 45 lbs., bend, stoop, stretch, squat, push and pull, sit, and walk at a child’s eye level.
- Effectively communicate with children of all ages, customers, and co-workers.
- General knowledge of child development and the support and guidance necessary to fulfill each child’s developmental needs.
- 21 years of age or older to work in the infant to toddler classrooms.
- Course work or training in early childhood education.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in early childhood or a related field.
- Knowledge of High Scope Curriculum.
- Ability to use technology for record keeping, anecdotal, planning and communication.
Employment requirements include:
- Drug test
- TB test
- Child Protective Index
- Other applicable copies of certifications and/or degrees
Full Time Benefits include:
- Time Off: PTO, 11.5 paid holidays, Bereavement
- Insurance: Health, Dental, and Vision, FSA, AFLAC
- Retirement: 403B and percent match after one year Insurance: AFLAC
Part Time Benefits include:
- Insurance: AFLAC
Beacon Learning Center
2125 Beacon St
Fort Wayne, IN 46805
IMD Learning Program
328 N. Park Ave
Warsaw, IN 46580