- This event has passed.
Allen County Safety Fair
September 23, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
The Allen County Office of Homeland Security along with Servpro, Jefferson Pointe and WANE TV are once again participating in the Allen County Safety Fair. 2017 mark’s the event’s 9th year.
You’re invited to bring your family out to Jefferson Pointe, in the parking lot behind Carmike Cinemas, on Saturday, September 23rd from 10 am – 1 pm.
Preparedness begins at home. Risks include events such as natural disasters, disease pandemics, chemical spills and other manmade hazards, terrorist attacks and cyber-attacks. Preparedness is
the shared responsibility of our entire nation. The fair was initially created to promote National Preparedness Month in September, and has evolved and grown to cover almost every arena of
safety in general. The focus is still, primarily, family preparedness, and ‘What to Do’ scenarios. This is a FREE community event, geared for families and kids, with plenty of resources available to
take home, as well as “hands on” activities at the event itself.
Some of the 2017 Safety Fair participants are
- “Fury Tracker 15” and the News Channel 15 Mobile Newsroom
- Walgreens: BP checks
- SERVPRO: Cornhole game, Tote Bags & Band-aid Dispensers, & Home Emergency Kits (while
- AC Homeland Security: Family & Disaster preparedness
- 911 Communications: what happens when you call 911?
- NIPSCo: Gas safety and 811
- 211: FREE, confidential, 24-hour access to health & human service information and referrals. 2-1-1 helps connect individuals & families in need to community-based organizations. Referral
assistance: Housing • Shelter • Food • Legal Aid • Clothing Education • Counseling • Utility Assistance Health Care • Transportation
- FW Fire Dept & FW Hazmat Unit: Safety Village & Spotz the Dog mascot! Hazmat vehicle
- New Haven Fire Dept: Survive Alive Trailer (Fire & Tornado Safety)
- FW Police Dept: Bomb Unit with robot
- Coffee with a Cop: Talk with the police officer
- Chick-fil-A: FREE Sandwiches (while supplies last)
- Hallmark Mortgage – Child fingerprinting