Paths to QUALITYTM is Indiana’s statewide quality rating and improvement system for early care and education programs. It uses four levels of standards, each one building on the previous one. Early education providers start at Level 1 and work towards national accreditation at the highest level, Level 4, for significant quality improvements at every level.
What does it do?
- Assesses the quality of early childhood care and education within a program
- Helps professionals improve the quality of their program through professional development opportunities, one-on-one coaching relationships, and other free resources
- Gives families an easy-to-recognize tool for selecting a child care program, much like a star rating system for restaurants or hotels
- Makes quality programs affordable for families through tiered Child Care Development Fund (CCDF) reimbursement based on Paths to QUALITY level
- Recognizes and awards professionals for quality improvement efforts
- Provides an accountability measure for funding
- Aligns State licensing, quality and child care subsidies across child care, preschool, and school-age programs
How does Paths to QUALITY help my child?
Paths to QUALITY indicates quality care from better-trained providers who offer:
- Safe, nurturing environments
- Proper adult/child ratios
- Planned activities that support learning
- Increased opportunities for children to receive warm, nurturing, stimulating care they need for the best development
How does Paths to QUALITY help me?
- It’s a tool that families can use when searching for a child care program
- It helps families learn the importance of quality child care
How do I know if a provider participates in Paths to QUALITY?
When choosing child care, search for programs that voluntarily participate in Paths to QUALITY. Participation demonstrates a commitment to providing quality care for children.
Use these methods to confirm a program’s participation in Paths to QUALITY:
- Look for a display of a decal and/or certificate
- Look for a sign indicating participation
- Visit Child Care Indiana