Looking for ideas to do with your kids? If you’re like me, I am always on the hunt for quick, simple activities to do throughout the year. During the holiday season, we always have an activity a day to do together that is a lot of fun. This year I want to try to do more hands-on activities with my kids throughout the entire year. I want to make it as simple as possible, so we are using activity calendars, bucket lists, and fun lists that others have already created. Then I can pick and choose the activities from the various calendars to keep us busy every month of the year.
It is my goal to have at least one fun family activity each week. Won’t you join me in spending more time with our kids?
Here some of my favorite resources to draw inspiration from for activities – ideas for play, movement activities, reading ideas, and healthy eating, and more. My favorite resources are activity calendars that have one idea for each day, or a list of ideas for the month or season.
- An Activity A Week – 52 fun, simple indoor and outdoor activities to do with kids. I created this resource as my starting point to make my goal a reality. Whether we do the activities one-on-one during the day or during family time in the evenings or on weekends, it really doesn’t matter. The point is to start doing more things with the kids. It is a compilation of some of my favorite activities listed in the resources below. Enjoy!
- 10 Ways to Play, by Let’s Explore – Each month has simple, creative play inspiration. Print it out, hang it up, and have fun! The 10 activities each month don’t require a lot of special supplies or preparation and can be enjoyed by a wide variety of ages.
- Reading Activity Calendar –Wondering what to do with your child today? Whether you’re at home, at school, or out running errands, use the Reading Activity Calendar to find fun, simple ways to make reading a part of your everyday life. Flip through the calendar above for ideas, activities, and silly holidays to celebrate together.
- Get Moving Today Activity Calendar, by Healthy Child Care – Ideas to get kids off the couch and up and moving each and every day of the year.
- Reading is Fundamental Monthly Activity Calendars – Download RIF’s monthly activity calendars, which provide engaging reading and writing activity suggestions to last a month! Both Birth-5 and Ages 6-15 activities are available.
- Healthy Calendars from Nourish Interactive – Calendars are a great way to remind children of healthy actions they can take each day to promote general wellness. A variety of calendars that you can print to post in classrooms or after school activity programs, hand out to children to follow individually or as part of a family project.
Do you have a favorite activity resource? Please share!
Have a Great Week!