Early experiences can translate into school readiness, academic success, and lifetime well-being.
– Nobel Prize winner James Heckman
Talking with children helps them learn oral language, one of the most critical early literacy skills.
Reading together, or shared reading, remains the single most effective way to help children become proficient readers.
Includes rhyming, and increase children’s awareness of and sensitivity to the sounds in words.
Writing and reading go together. Writing helps children learn that letters and words stand for sounds and that print has meaning.
Children learn how to express themselves, the meaning of words, and other early literacy skills by playing.
A program offered via text message, with messages sent 2-4 times per week, provides:
- Evidence-based content from trusted early childhood experts
- A wide range of topics
- Expert tips
- And Resources for families with children prenatal to eight years old
SparKits, a program of Early Childhood Alliance, not only provides materials your child will enjoy, but also activities that will spark family involvement. SparKits is a tool that helps families provide the building blocks to prepare children to learn, to be successful in school and beyond.
- Available in two convenient formats
- SparKits On Demand, we provide the instruction, you provide the materials.
- or SparKits Home, we provide both instruction and basic materials.
- Affordable and convenient
- Created by early childhood education experts