Children’s Nutritional Needs
As a sponsor of The Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP), Early Childhood Alliance seeks to address the nutrional needs of children in child care. Through this federally funded and state-administered program, CACFP provides reimbursements for several types of child care settings serving creditable meals throughout Northeast Indiana.
- Sample recipes and menu-planning ideas
- Partial reimbursement of food costs
- Educational materials on balanced and nutritious diets for providers, children, and parents
- Training and technical support
- Be a licensed or certified legally licensed exempt child care home, center or ministry
- Follow requirements for meals and snacks including maintaining records and documentation
- Attend annual training in nutrition, nutrition education, sanitation, and record keeping
CACFP Related Documentation and Forms
Additional information is available at
or contact our Child & Adult Food Care Program Coordinator at Early Childhood Alliance.