What is Paths to QUALITY?
Paths to QUALITY is Indiana’s voluntary quality rating and improvement system for child care. This system is the first and only child care rating system in the state.
This free and voluntary system provides a structured framework with concrete goals through which a provider can progress with the assistance of a professional mentor.
The system validates programs and providers for ongoing efforts to achieve higher standards of quality and provides incentives and awards for success.
- Overall, participation will give Indiana providers better access to resources and general support that helps them provide higher quality child care.
- Providers who enroll will be eligible to work with a mentor to provide them with technical assistance, and assistance in acheiving Levels 2 and 3.
- Providers who enroll will receive a participation incentive.
- Awards are given to enrolled programs once certain levels have been completed.
- One-time, non-cash awards are given for completion of Level 2 and 3.
- Cash awards are given for completion of Level 4.
- After achieving and maintaining Level 4, programs are eligible for a 10% higher reimbursement rate through the Child Care and Development Fund (CCDF) Voucher Program.
- Support is available to assist with the accrediting process, the validation/endorsement phase, and/or equipment needed to meet criteria.
- Level 2 – 4 providers have access to a free tool for setting up a child care online profile, this allows families to take a virtual tour of your location.
To be eligible to participate in Paths to QUALITY you must meet certain criteria first.
For Centers and Homes:
- Must be licensed and in good standing with the state.
- Must have a valid registration
- Certified for Child Care Development Fund (CCDF) Provider Eligibility Standards
- Meet Voluntary Certification Program for Ministries
Once you have met the all criteria, then you will need to attend a Paths to QUALITY Introduction Session. Speak to our Outreach Specialist to learn more.
Join us in congratulating these centers on their recent Paths to QUALITYTM Acheivements!
Contact our Outreach Specialist.