During the month of December we try to do a fun family activity a day to make the month special. This year we are starting a new tradition – Polar Express Night. A couple of things that you should know: 1. The Polar Express is one of my favorite books of all time; 2. The movie is already a favorite with our children. So it’s only natural that we would incorporate it into holiday traditions. But it wasn’t until I read a post by Teach Mama that I decided to make it an annual tradition.
So here goes, the plan for our Polar Express Night.
During the day
- Prepare Crock Pot Hot Chocolate (This recipe from Mr. Happy Homemaker is a family favorite.)
- Make Cookies
- Make Hot Chocolate Stir Sticks (Here is the inspiration for our sticks from Bridgey Widgey.)
- Get into Pajamas
- Read the Book
- Play the Polar Express Game
- Watch the Movie (Before the hot chocolate song starts – pause the movie and get hot chocolate and cookies for everyone to enjoy)
- Make Polar Express Ornaments (Here is the inspiration for our Polar Express ornaments from Enchanted Homeschooling Mom.)
Do you have a favorite family tradition?
Have a Great Week!